Interested in joining the team?
You can apply for a position in NOPI, our Soho restaurant, or in one of the Ottolenghi locations by sending us your CV to email@example.com
You can also apply directly here, by filling in the form on the right.
Shift manager at Ottolenghi Islington
Ottolenghi Islington is looking for an experienced shift manager, with at least two years’ management experience.
Ottolenghi is all about great food, great drink and great people. Our focus is on providing outstanding service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, offering fresh and vibrant food alongside an exciting and progressive wine list.
We are looking for a strong candidate who wants to take on the challenge of running shifts in a fast paced, busy and dynamic restaurant/deli.
As shift manager you will be responsible for the daily running of the business:
• Organising shifts, managing the team and providing feedback
• Training and motivating the team in service as well as wine & food training
• Communicating with the kitchen to ensure high quality of food is maintained
• Acting as a host and helping guests with food and wine choice
• Daily cash-up
• Responding to guests’ comments and feedback with empathy and generosity
• Maintaining high standards hygiene and health & safety
It is crucial for the right person to have an uncompromising commitment to detail, a deep interest in our product and the ability to deliver strong leadership and customer service.
• Previous leadership experience
• A passion for food and wine
• Excellent people and customer service skills
• A strong character, a generous spirit and a sense of humour
• 5 days a week, most weekends, a mix of day and night shifts but no doubles.
At Ottolenghi, we place strong emphasis on the development of our team and we are always looking for bright, enthusiastic individuals to join us. We work to support all of our team to accomplishing their potential within our business. In return for your experience and enthusiasm we will provide a family-like environment in which you will be trained, nurtured and encouraged. Extracurricular perks to the job include wine and food training, test kitchen demonstrations, tastings and cookery classes.
If this sounds like an environment in which you would like to work and advance your career, we would love to hear from you.