In this recipe green beans are livened up by a bold vinaigrette. Serve with something meaty (if you like) and baby potatoes roasted with chilli and fresh oregano.
To make the vinaigrette, put the mustard, garlic and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking until you get a thick dressing. Taste and season.
Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Refresh and drain.
Mix the beans with the vinaigrette and the rest of the ingredients, apart from the garden cress.
Pile the beans on a serving plate and garnish with cress.
When serving warm, mix the vinaigrette with the warm beans and the rest of the ingredients just before serving.
- 200g trimmed French beans
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped chervil
- ¼ cup garden cress
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper